Over 11% of the female population suffer from a misunderstood and misdiagnosed disease called Lipedema and Founder Sherry Simoes knows what heartache and struggle someone suffering goes through to find help, support and an official diagnosis. These services have been designed based on her own struggle to help other women find hope!
Lipedema is a disease involving abnormal fat deposition that can result in pain, lymphatic disturbances and eventually, without proper care, immobility. It’s often called painful fat syndrome, and it mainly affects women. Lipedema can occur at any age and the symptoms show in the legs and sometimes arms. Newer research shows that the disease generally manifests itself during puberty, pregnancy or other times of hormonal change. It is thought that genes play a role, although more research is desperately needed into this disease.
Symptoms of Lipedema
- Weight is gained disproportionately on hips and thighs and below knee. This is usually bilateral (affects both sides) and symmetrical (occurs evenly)
- The feeling of fatty ‘nodules’ underneath the skin
- Bruising occurs easily and is often unexplained
- Legs are sensitive to touch
- Deep throbbing pain in legs, pain in knee joints
- Legs feel heavy and swell throughout the day (especially after long periods of standing or sitting) but resolve overnight
- Fat on legs looks dimpled like “orange peel “ and legs may feel cold to the touch
- Lipedema fat does not respond to dieting
If you feel you may have Lipedema BOOK a Lipedema Discovery Session Today
LIPEDEMA SERVICES AT THE WELLNESS ROOM
904 Oxford Street East, London, Ontario
Inside the Natural & Vegan Hub
All our services are priced at not-for-profit rates, thank you to our generous sponsors. We also have a sliding scale for those who are Low Income or on Social Assistance. If you fit either of these groups please talk to us! Our goal is for everyone living with Lipedema to be able to afford our services.
Lipedema Discovery Session – FREE
$50 due upon booking to hold your spot – You will be given a $50 credit towards any service at your appointment.
If you think you may have Lipedema book this session to be assessed by a Lipedema Coach and receive an informative info package as well as a package to take to your family doctor.
4 Week Living with Lipedema Program – $200 (payment plans available)
If you have already been diagnosed with Lipedema and want support to implement self-care and changes to help slow the progression, manage pain and learn how to eat to starve Lipedema this 4-week program is for you. If you are on social assistance or disability, ask about our special rates.
If you have not been officially diagnosed yet please book at Lipedema Discovery Session first.