Country of Origin: Ceylon
Botanical Name: Cinnamomum zeylanicum Blume
Cinnamon bark essential oil is extracted from the outer bark of the cinnamon tree and it has a potent woodsy scent, and often is used in diffuser, or in extreme dilution, in some blends and body products for:
• Colds/Flu Exhaustion
• Bacterial Infection
Blends well with: black pepper, clove, ginger, bergamot, frankincense, grapefruit, lavender, lemon, orange, rosemary, tea tree, thyme, ylang ylang
• Diffuse to fill your home with the spicy autumn scent
• Add to carrier oil for a warm massage for cold, achy joints
• Add 10 drops to one ounce of carrier oil for a scalp massage
• diluted in a carrier oil to ease inflammatory skin concerns like rashes and acne
• Diffuse to help fight stress and anxiety
• Use in essential oil blends like our DIY Recipes below!
Precautions: Being enormously potent, Cinnamon Oil is suggested to be used under the supervision of professional Aromatherapist, in blend with Carrier oil of your choice ONLY, and in concentration less than 0.1 %. For external use Only. Not tested on animals. Keep out of reach of children, and away from the heat and direct sunlight. Must not be applied on the skin undiluted, keep away from mucous membranes, ears, and eyes. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. A Skin patch test is needed before use in properly diluted concentration. Must not be used by people with allergies and multiple chemical sensitivities.
DIY Recipes using Cinnamon Essential Oil
Spicy Autumn Inspired Shower Steamers
• 1 cup baking soda
• 1/3 cup distilled water
• 5 drops Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
• 10 drops Tangerine Essential Oil
• 5 drops Clove Essential Oil
Scoop the mixture Mini Muffin Tins and let them dry until hard and completely dry (usually 12-24 hours, but it will vary depending on the humidity in your home)
Spicy Autumn Inspired Sugar Scrub
• 1 cup organic brown sugar
• 3/4 cup sweet almond oil
• 3 drops cinnamon bark essential oil
• 5 drops clove essential oil
• 5 drops tangerine essential oil
Mix together and store in airtight container
Spicy Autumn Inspired Air Freshener Spray
Add pinch of Epsom salts to 8 oz spray bottle (Epsom salt helps to keep the essential oils emulsified in the water)
• 12 drops cinnamon bark essential oil
• 15 drops clove essential oil
• 20 drops tangerine essential oil
Feel free to change up the ratio according to your desire!
Fill bottle with distilled water.
Shake lightly before use!
BONUS – Spicy Autumn Inspired Diffuser Blend
• 4 drops Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
• 3 drops Tangerine Essential Oil
• 2 drops Clove Essential Oil
If you love this blend and want to make 5 ml bottle of this blend
• 45 drops Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
• 33 drops Tangerine Essential Oil
• 22 drops Clove Essential Oil
Cinnamon Bark Inspired Essential Oil Kits
Essential Oil Kit
Includes all the essential oils you need to make the DIY Recipes!
5 ml each of Cinnamon Bark, Tangerine and Clove
Complete DIY Kit
Includes all the oils, containers and ingredients to make all of the DIY recipes!
Want to learn about our Top 20 Essential Oils?